Our main research interest is centered in the following topics:
- Semantic Web: Use of semantic web technology in the management of Information Systems.
- Mobile Computing: Developing applications for PDAs using agent technology.
- Design of applications that allow local on-line analysis of vital signs on PDAS and mobile phones.
- Electronic Health Records interoperability.
- Telerehabilitation: Motion capture, knowledge representation and physiotherapist decision support.
- Big Data / Smart Data: Processing of massive volumes of heterogeneous, distributed raw data to create smart data that can be exploited for added value services.
The BDI group has an extensive trajectory in the area of advanced data management using novel technology.
The old BDI website can be found here.
 Please visit the Research Group of Distributed Information Systems (SID) website for further information.